Louisville Institute Administrative Coordinator
This is a full-time, hourly position.
Provide administrative support and program assistance for the work of the Louisville Institute, including office management, grant and fellowship management, budgetary responsibilities, and event planning.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of small, collegial team
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills and assuming new responsibilities
- Experience with multi-tasking and switching between overlapping projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to simultaneously attend to details and anticipate big picture needs
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and prioritize them
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to the mission of LI
- Office Management
- Provide administrative support to the entire LI Staff
- Perform administrative functions associated with mail and electronic communications, telephone, correspondence, record keeping, filing, scheduling of meetings, ordering of supplies, and other office duties
- Coordinate and assist in managing various LI meetings
- Keep master calendar for the entire LI office
- Assist in database management and archival record keeping
- Manage online resources such as Dropbox, Zoom, Google Meets, etc.
- Assist in supervising student workers
- Grant and Fellowship Management
- Process applications for grants and fellowships
- Provide staff support for the grant and fellowship selection committees
- Help to professionalize correspondence
- Keep annual records of programs
- Coordinate communication with various program constituents
- Event Coordination
- Communicate with participants regarding events and arrangements
- Coordinate travel, lodging, and food arrangements for participants
- Provide onsite hospitality and management of events
- Track event expenses, including reimbursements and honoraria
- Communicate with vendors including travel agencies, hotel accommodations, catering, and suppliers
- Assist with marketing of events
- Maintain financial records and files for operating and program budgets, reporting regularly
- Help prepare and monitor annual budget
- Process and track check requests and disbursement of funds to internal and external constituents
- Communicate with the Louisville Seminary Business Office regarding budget needs and reporting
- Assist in preparation of financial reports for Lilly Endowment
- A bachelor degree and a minimum of three years office experience
- Work experience in higher education
- Financial management experience
- Proven oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Basic skills in website design and maintenance
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Administrative Coordinator is an employee of Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary d/b/a Louisville Institute. Louisville Seminary is an equal opportunity employer, and complies with all applicable employment laws. The Seminary does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com no later than July 15, 2022
—Revised, December 2021
- To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
- A background screening is required.