As students discern their call to ministry, the directors of Field Education and Placement provide assistance in linking graduates with congregations and other ministry opportunities. Following are some of the aids provided to seniors:
Discernment Groups: Students work together to discern where God is leading them in ministry. This is especially valuable for students who are actively seeking a call and trying to determine where God is leading.
Ordination Examination Preparation: A variety of workshops are held to help students prepare for the ordination examinations of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
Placement Seminars: Seniors are invited to participate in workshops, often led by denominational leaders, that include:
- Writing the Personal Information Form (PIF)
- Reading the Church Information Form (CIF)
- Interviewing and negotiating a call
- Clergy tax law
- Fiscal Fitness workshop with the Board of Pensions
- Keeping alive spiritually in ministry
- Designing an ordination service
- Other topics of concern to seniors