- expresses who you are.
- is portable.
- forces you to organize your ideas.
- is challenging and often frustrating.
- requires you to analyze your thoughts.
- preserves ideas so you can reflect upon them later.
- allows you to communicate with people outside your direct presence.
- is permanent. It puts those ideas on paper, and online, for ALL to see (and keep!).
- equips you with the communication and thinking skills you need to succeed.
- requires that you consider your reader's needs and thus forces you to think and communicate outside your own "box."
We write for many reasons: some private and some public. Please write for yourself--notes about things you want to remember, ideas for future investigation, reflections about your life, and just for catharsis. But when you write for the public, like it or not, your knowledge and intellect will be judged on how well you write. Why not present the best that you can?