Healthy living, physical fitness and weight loss can be hard to keep up with… and can be hard to talk about. H.O.T. – Honoring Our Temples – is a group that gives LPTS students, staff, and faculty an atmosphere in which we:
- Work together in an affirming community to set and achieve fitness goals
- Encourage and hold one another accountable in our goals
- Share fitness and dietary tips and techniques, prayer, and scripture
- Enjoy guest speakers who talk with us about healthy living
This group is perfect for anyone who struggles from time to time with:
- Healthy eating
- Food challenges (allergies, sensitivities, etc.)
- Being overweight or underweight
Connected with HOT, there is a weekly yoga class. We meet on Mondays at 7 p.m. in the Schlegel basement, led by Amanda Hayes. Dress comfortably and bring a mat if you have one – if not, there’s an extra or two for you to borrow.
People of all fitness levels are welcome at both the meetings and exercise groups, and there’s no cost! Just bring a positive attitude and a willing spirit.
Also, let us know if you’re interested in joining the new private Facebook group for H.O.T. The entire group, including posts, pictures, members, etc., can only be seen by other members.